Major project has just begun. I've thought about this for a while and I'm really keen on rigging! Checked out my briefing for the riggers and here's a list I've compiled over what I need to do in this year.
- Facial Controller Setup
- Cloth Dynamics
- Hair/Fur Setup
- Muscle System Implementations
- Expressions and Parameter Wiring
- Spline-based Shapes as Limb Controllers
So beginnign in Maya research, I think I should dive into skinning. I've already learnt how to create a leg rig so I'm considering getting a model off the internet and possibly rigging that and skinning. I've taking out a few books to help me get started:
- Inspired 3D Character Setup by Michael Ford and Alan Lehman.
- Facial Modeling and Animation Done Right Stop Staring by Jason Osipa
- The Art of Maya