Thursday

Stretchy IK in Maya

Cello!

Haven't posted in a while, but I can assure you work (paid work) and work (pre-production work) couldn't get any more... work-ier!  Christmas and New Years have been a blast, but now it's back to reality.

I'll have to post what I've been working on later on today (as I'm in work paid work currently!) so I thought I'd do a bit of research into stretchy IK setups!  Also known as "Stretchy Bones".  This useful video (well it visually looks useful [there's no speakers on this computer!!]) seems easy enough to follow.



It's cool in Maya, because whenever you create something, or generally do anything in Maya it documents it in the Mel script, so I can easily generate a script regarding... just about anything!  Easy as that!  Cool huh?  Will have to upload a few videos to show you what I mean.

Until then, it's been 2D work, like turnarounds and Alien bones setups. :)

EDIT:
Just found a "Seamless IK FK rig" video.  I'm in awe.  I'd want my rigs to look this good!



Enjoy.

EDIT #2:

Haven't got time to watch it all so I'll post it here to watch later.  I'm going to give this a go tonight I reckon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment